£20,000 – £30,000
To pro-actively source candidates of all levels. The role’s main focus is to find suitable candidates for clients’ job specifications.
The role requires the individual to be involved in all stages of the IT recruitment process and selection of candidates. These include:
Stage 1- Recruitment
- Receiving and qualifying job descriptions from the clients
- Searching for suitable candidates using a variety of sources including hotlists, current client finishers, in-house database, external search engines, referrals and advertising
- Attracting candidates to work through our client by promoting their services and clients
- Managing applications and short listing suitable candidates within tight deadlines
Stage 2 – Selection
- Interview candidates for selection purposes to ensure technical as well as cultural fit (telephone or face to face where possible)
- Fully qualify candidates on the role, location, rate, client requirements (such as credit checks or reference policies)
- Prepare CVs for submission including filling in coversheets
- Arrange and book interviews, brief and prepare candidates for interview
- Making offers to candidates and negotiate where necessary to ensure acceptance of offers
- Taking references and any other post-sales activities required such as obtaining candidate’s identification and documents, limited company details etc
- Telesales of existing and new clients for requirements.
- Assist in client meetings and be prepared to discuss resourcing aspect of the role. Write reports and file with organisation chart as required.
- Networking with applicants to generate more candidates.
- Carry out action searches on the system.
- Picking up leads from applicants over the phone or face to face.
- As required, socialise with applicants and clients in the evenings
- Research and present technical understanding on a regular basis
- Specialise within several technologies to pro-actively build hot lists and an understanding of the candidates within that market.
- Attend regular training workshops to improve knowledge and skills
- Behave in a positive manner towards colleagues, clients and candidates
- Undertake all duties in accordance with procedures in the Quality Assurance Manual
- Ensure that own areas of work are serviced and covered thoroughly and efficiently
- Any other duties commensurate with the post as directed by the appropriate Account Manager/Team Leader or Manager
- Ability to provide information for contractors on our clients range of products and services
- Degree level qualification or Degree calibre
- Must demonstrate potential to progress into or other sales-related roles within our client. Commercial experience is not required.
Skills, Knowledge & Attributes:
- Good computer skills and ability to acquire knowledge of the in-house candidate database swiftly in order to be able to undertake multi-level searches
- Good reasoning skills and ability to screen and eventually interview applicants and make sound judgments on suitability
- Excellent telephone skills (basic sales, message handling, service)
- Presentation skills
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to project professionalism and personality over the phone and face to face
- Networking skills
- Good time management skills with ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Results Orientation – Must have the initiative, drive and ambition to succeed and to meet tight deadlines
- Resilient and tough minded with a positive approach
- Must be able to influence and have impact.
- Contemporary recruiting – leverage fresh and innovative practices to source great talent, and match them to the right opportunities.
- Understand human potential– knowing people’s motivations, strengths and where they need to develop is critical to helping them succeed.
- Engaging and authentic – easily and effectively engages people, drawing them into our network, uses strong communication skills to build and maintain trusting relationships.
- Brilliant feedback – making every piece of feedback timely, caring and insightful.
- Great connector – being able to see and create connections and possibilities for candidates, clients, and ourselves.
- Organised and efficient – able to balance multiple priorities, plans and structures time to efficiently and effectively meet performance objectives